15 April 2011

Curbs & Small Animals - Git Back!!

You know those days where you just feel wonderful? The sun is shinin, the birds are singin, you're ridin with the windows down, you're still marveling at the magic of your new sensor (see yesterday's post below), and just thinking about how blessed you are, and how you just want to tell everyone you know how much you love and appreciate them. 

Today was a day like that, I was steadily cruisin down 49 on the way to SC, with my large diet coke (yes, diet - a large regular coke would be a bit too much dessert at one time for my diabetic self to handle, I think). 

I was drivin through the beautiful rural countryside, thankin God for all the wonderful flowers and trees and sweet cute widdle cows and their babies.

Then - flyin in from the left side of the ditch - there he was, runnin full speed like a cheetah (they run fast, right?), was a BLACK cat. I mean, homeboy wasn't playfully trottin - he was clearly on a MIS-SION to END his life. 

My first thought - OMG! Black cats crossin your path = bad luck! Nooooo! I was pleading for him to stop! Don't do it! Turn around! Then ... 

...........................


.................................................


.......................


................


............


......


...

Blockuppp! 

Blasted. 

Anj's T-ruck and Mr. Kitty had a head-on collision.

RIP black kitty. 

Really though - there was no stoppin it. He was runnin sooooooo fast. And I was goin 60. And there was a car behind me. Clearly, it was his time. Bless his heart.

And clearly, I wasn't meant to have a black cat cross my path. I think if you kill the cat, you're good. 

The last time I did that was in high school. That BLACK cat was sort of galloping out. And - I ran over him and HE GOT BACK UP AND FINISHED RUNNING ACROSS THE ROAD. But - he started the run in front of my path, and finished behind my path so I don't count that as a bad omen either. 

Between yesterday's curb snack during my U-turn (I waited until there was no traffic so I could take my time easing onto the curb and then gracefully back off) and today's cat blastin - I think it's time to give ole T-ruck back to Anj. 


I love to ride in T-ruck with Anj drivin - me behind the wheel? Not so much.

Sylvia is much more my speed.



Y'all know I don't love a cat. But, I would never blast one of God's creatures with a truck on purpose. May Mr. Black Kitty rest peacefully.



No comments: