13 November 2011

CREAMY KALE SOUP - pure & total awesomeness in a bowl


Y'all.

This is the kind of soup that can fix your marriage, keep a family of seven happy through a whole winter, put us on the path to world peace, make you wanna sucker punch ya mama, nah I mean?

I could eat this every. day. of. my. life. 

It came from some magazine, that I don't know the name of, as I stole the recipe from the M.I.L. :

All I can say is Thank God for Pat Pittman in Boone for sharing.

Photobucket

I don't eat gluten, so we left the 2 tbsp of flour out (and the butter). Also, we just cooked ours in a stock pot. Didn't really change anything. It was still oh em geee good.

Photobucket

We got our kale from Andrew's parents' garden, but you can probably find kale at a farmer's market or a specialty grocery store ??

Photobucket

How can you not love any recipe involving pig meat? We used sausage instead of ham - it's also good with kielbasa.

Photobucket

Cornbread really finishes it off. And we buy the corn meal that's made with only corn flour. 
;)

Photobucket

Sip on some Red Bridge while you wait ...

Photobucket

Holy. 

shazamm.

Photobucket

Heaven in a bowl.

Do it. 

You won't be sad you did.

You're welcome.


Bee

No comments: