14 November 2011

Vintage Christmas Excitement

So, a few weekends back, I was helpin hubs at the Davis General Merchandise, while Pops Davis was at the tractor show ... and I got bored, and look what I found:


Photobucket

delicious vintage Christmas cards!!

Photobucket

a lot of which were pre-printed with "Mr. and Mrs. S. W. Davis" (presumably the hubs' great uncle ... although the "S.W. Davis" painted on the front of the store is his great granddaddy):


I love finding old family stuff like this (my family doesn't have much sentimental stuff), and I do LOVE me some vintage Christmas!

I thought they were all so pretty, and I couldn't pick and choose, so prepare for photo overload.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Now I need to think of a magical way to display them. Thoughts?

Christmas time's a cominnnn!
Bee

3 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Oh let me tell you somethin' - you ain't met my mama yet but she keeps ALL kinds of sentimental stuff - cards from when I was kid, cards from when she was a kid, her baby stuff, my baby stuff,etc. My family's OVERLOADED with sentimental stuff...come to my house for Christmas and that's all you'll see - my mom's house is ALL antiques. It's insane.

Amber said...

Beef, I totally gots some 1903 vintage Christmas and Thanksgiving postcards to post this week- you will loves ;)

Anonymous said...

Well aren't these the cutest?!

I like the yarn people best! You've seen a glimpse of how I display mine but I am also wanting to string mine from a "clothes line" just have to figure out how to hold them tight on the line without damaging them!

I'm so glad you came by today! I love making new friends. ♥