05 February 2013

that time Silas left for two weeks

y'all have heard me talk about the store over and over before.

 photo store1-2_zpsc339b2f6.jpg

well, Silas, my FIL, left town for a couple weeks.
i may or may not have gone in and cleaned.like.a.mo.

 photo store3_zpsce8df3fb.jpg

the business started in 1890. the building has been there since 1907, and i swear, some spots of it haven't been cleaned since then.
the FIL may have been usin' paint cans to hold up "tables" and cardboard boxes with prices written in sharpie as "displays".

 photo 39dcfdf4-445a-45ae-ad78-2b0cdae2d3af_zps6b796436.jpg

 i tried to help umm ... increase the visual appeal ... soon i will take real photos.
anyway, we made him a sweet welcome home poster and some treats to help soften the blow.

 photo store6_zpsd7ef79e4.jpg

he came back, took a quick walk through, said, "Shit!" took his cookies and muffins and left.
i say all's well that ends well, no?

ps, we got some new shirts in, you KNOW y'all need one!
{the porch is new since the filming of Banshee}

 photo newshirtscollage_zps1469aab6.jpg

and guess what else?! the store is on ...........
instagram. BAM!

@davisgeneralstore

 photo 9c71d0df-aa7b-4e13-a902-2365b79c1460_zps60db2858.jpg

tomorrow i'm actually goin' to read other people's blogs and respond to emails.
sorry i suck.


10 comments:

Jessica Nicole said...

aww i want to see before and afters!! change is hard for some people- but i am sure it looks wonderful!

Always in a Southern State of Mind said...

The store is adorable and I am sure it looks great :)

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

your poem is awesome. i literally laughed out loud at his response.

Anonymous said...

You worked your ass of, dude!! Can't wait to see the before and after pictures! Also, I'm still convinced Silas and I would be BFF.

put a bow on it [kaitlyn] said...

I can't wait to see the after pics! And the store is adorable.

Aleshea said...

I love this. I've always wanted to run a store like this. Silas makes me think of some of my family from Southern Louisiana and how you just don't mess with some things.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Great job! I love reading about the store, and I can't wait to see after pics.

Looking forward to store shots on the IG!

Demi Spencer said...

I can't wait to see more!!!

I have nominated you for the Leibster Award! Please check out my blog for all the details :)
http://www.afrontporchview.com/2013/02/and-nominees-are.html

Suze said...

I love that he just said shit and that was it. :) Really great of you two to do that though!

I see you have been nominated already recently, but I also nominated you for the Leibster Award. :) I think you're just great!

Abigaylemae said...

LOVE all your store related posts and pics...i think one day the hubs and i will have to visit tha store if we are ever towards that way :O)