15 February 2013

wanna see somethin gross?

check it: 

 photo sensor_zpsffd2ef3c.jpg

that'd be my CGM or sensor. i do a pretty good job of checking my blood sugars frequently throughout the day to "catch" it before it's too low or too high. however, sometimes it be doin' crazy shit in my sleep. i woke up this morning and it was 271. no bueno. as a result, i felt nauseous and just icky. the sensor annoys me because it is very finicky, and has to be calibrated when your sugar is mostly stable or it won't work properly. this is funny because the whole point of wearing the sensor is that your shit is not stable. 

it also gets slingshotted into your flesh with a POP! and a long ass needle. and if you're me, it bleeds through the little hole {over there on the right}. every. single. time.
good stuff.

but - it helps me get my shit under control, so i will take it.

i made this jazz for hubs yesterday.
thanks pinterest, and boeger.
 photo vday_zps657cc95e.jpg

hubs made us an awesome salmon veggie bake with rice.

 photo vday3_zps716e7381.jpg

then we hit up mickey deez for a hot fudge sundae with nuts.

 photo vday2_zpsa3d9e79e.jpg

i've never really been a girl who likes dressing up and going out and spending our money on fancy food on vday. but, i do love a heartfelt surprise and to know how much i mean to hubs. he is so good to me each and every day.

hope y'all's vday was magical and whatever you wanted it to be. 

i leave you with this awesomeness for your friday.
thanks kim and facebook for sharing.


happy friday, lumps
{psa - from now on, if i say 'lumps', it's just my lazy version of 'sugarlumps' ... lazy is the name of my game}

ps - the buttons from button swaps are coming down over the weekend.
again, no hard feelings, but i'm just not up for the "marketing" side of blogging.
again, say it with me, LAY-zee.

4 comments:

Meredith @ Barbell Wardrobe said...

i love those mickey d hot fudge sundeas! extra hot fudge please.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

At first I thought lumps was short for "my lovely lady lumps" as sang by Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas. That gave me a good laugh.

I'd love a McD's sundae right now. I love the strawberry sundae with NUTS.

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Aw I'm sorry the regulator(?) is wonky during your sleeping time. Hope you feel better :) salmon veggie bake sounds pretty good thou!! Hope you had a great Valentine's :)

Suze said...

Sounds like a lovely V-Day. I like the low-key type of celebrations myself.

Also loved that history of rap video! I think there might be a second one....