30 July 2013

FRIED CHICKEN & PANCAKES FOR US GLUTEN FREE PEEPS

If you are livin' in GlutenFreeville, get you somma this, seriously.


Since going gluten free, three of the things I've missed the most are fried chicken, pancakes, and biscuits.
Welp, thanks to this stuff, I've gotten the pancakes and the fried chicken. And let me tell you, 
DAMN. It was good, y'all!

{Never had a biscuit made from Bisquick even before I was gluten free, so we'll have to see how that goes next go 'round.}

We followed the recipe on the back of the box for the pancakes, with the exception of adding some fresh blueberries. It was totally magical. Tasted like a regular pancake to me!


For the chicken, we did our own thing. {I mean, I was tryin' to have my shit fried, you know?}
We just did chicken strips dipped first in egg, followed by a combo of the mix, plus some cajun seasoning.
We fried ours in our electric fryer {lid off, and only flip once!}, and added some salt when they were fresh out of the pan and still hot.


Holy smokes! Soooooooooooo friggin' amazing!
It wasn't just as good as "real" fried chicken, but honestly, it was better than a lot that I've had.
Yummtasma.

If you wanna make these for a gluten free shugpie that you know, I'm sure they won't mind. :)

1 comment:

Sara Louise said...

Girl these look gooooooood! :)