06 November 2013

THRIFT MAKEOVER // OWL LAMP

I can't wait to share this with y'all!
So, remember I was tellin' y'all how I found the magical owl lamp, and went back for him the next day?


I decided to spruce him up with some glossy white.

The worst part was waiting for the paint to dry. I may have gotten a tad winkle overzealous and applied too many layers of spray paint at once and then used a hair dryer on home slice, bless his heart.

The second hardest part was applying all that tape to the wooden base. {The owl rotates on the wooden base, so I had to tuck tape between the owl and the wood in that tiny-arse crack.}


 But, all's well that ends well.

Some tape, a sandwich baggie to protect the cord from paint, some glossy white spray paint, and a Walmart lamp shade later and Mr. Owl is lookin' baller as hell chillin' there on his wooden stump.

Check him out.


Ain't he handsome? 
I am in love.

I did the same thing with these little guys last year. There is just something about plain white that I love.

What have you upcycled or made over lately? 

3 comments: