19 August 2011

Lawd, We Done Died & Gone to TX! pt. 2

{You can find pt. 1 here.}

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Texas, Beef, Anj and Lauren went on an adventure.

Junkin'!!!!

For like four hours. 

My hubs is a trooper! Thank you, Anj! (I am the luckiest woman alive). Bless his heart. I miss my Lauren Pie terribly. We have so much in common - two things being the love of junk and cowboy boots. 
Clearly, one of my missions in Texas was to come home with a fresh pair of boots. Also, I knew I would just die if I didn't get to hit a bunch of junk/antique stores while in the T-land.

Lauren is so awesome - she hooked a sister up with the opportunity to experience both. 

Here's some pics of ma treasures.

I think it's fabulous that there are regular tags, truck tags, and farm truck tags. And ... BONUS ... this tag has an August sticker. Perfect souvie!

I'm totally gonna make a pillow out of this. (Right now I just stuffed a throw pillow in there for photo purposes). Did y'all know the Junk Gypsies used to be in College Station? No - I did not have time to stop and visit those shugs, maybe next time.

One pit stop included the purchase of these delicious baby pies.: 

Lauren said, "Now, don't get excited, but I saw a commercial for 10% off at Cavender's on select boots, and I think I saw a red pair included." Ma girl knows how to look out for a sister.
The ones on the right are my new bay-bays. The ones one the left are my mama's first pair of boots. For some people, "a" pair of cowboys boots is it. Get a pair, mission accomplished. For others, it is like an art form/addiction. (Me). Ahh... I remember my first pair - swervin through four lanes of traffic to hit an exit ramp when I saw the red Justin boot sign in Asheville. SIL got some cray-cray magical drivin skills.

The smell of the leather when you walk in hits you in the face. When I was little, my granddaddy kept all his wallets in a bathroom drawer. Who knows why. He'd get a new one and just throw the old one in the drawer with the rest of em. I may or may not have snuck into the bathroom on a regular basis when nobody was around, opened the drawer and took a giant inhale every chance I got. Maybe he is to blame for my boot addiction?

Anyhizzle -

movin on ... since the hubs was SUCH a good sport, we had playtime with the boys later that night with a little skeet shootin on the other side of the road from the cabin, behind Anna & Bill's house.

As we were gettin out of the truck, and unloadin our stuff, guess what I found?


Ain't nobody EVEN REMEMBER horses on that land - not since there was an old school house on the property a gazillion years ago!

Then, I saw this:

And you know this! I shooooow did! Found two of 'em! = Fabulous good luck? Hope so.

Here we are in action:


I am a bad friend and didn't get a shot of Lauren shootin. :( But she does this kinda $*** all the time, because she is a bad @$$.


 While I am busy posin' with the cows. Aren't they soooo precious? 

Dear God, if it is your will for Anj and I to live on a farm/ranch with cows and goats and a garden and some dogs and some guns and cowboy boots makin pickles and tomato juice, we won't whine. 
Thanks!
Love, Beefy

When, we were done, we headed back up to Bull & Anna's house...on the way, there was a GIANT crate like 3.5x3.5 ft. fullllllll of these.

I sho did take these back with me to NC. 

Don't you worry your pretty little head, I'm gonna do somethin straight mag with them. 

I'm feelin so inspired that I think I'll wake up early to go eat breakfast with Big T and then head to the Raleigh Flea Market - aka the most awesome friggin place on earth for a junk addict.

I have blogged about this magic before here. Y'all cross your fingers and hope I find lotsa somethin yummmmmmmy tomorrow that doesn't cost a lot of moneyyyyyyy. Luckily, I will have to be cut off by 10:30 because I gotta gets my hair did at 11.

PS - I'm really excited about the Pistol Annies. Y'all KNOW I love some Miranda! Their album comes out August 23rd! 



Happy Weekend, y'all!

1 comment:

Lauren Crawford said...

I loooove this post! I had the bet time with you and CAN'T WAIT til you come back to "the promised land!" ;)