16 October 2011

Are you a Davis?

Man, if I had a dolla every time somebody asked me that. Well, I married one and went through hell and HIGH water to get my name redid legally, so yeah, I am.

Here's what a Saturday in October could likely look like in your life if you're a Davis of the Silas Davis clan : 

1) Wake up at 6:00 am on a Saturday, eat a delicious Farmer's Omelet and hashbrowns before headin' to run the store (because Silas, the real "store man" is at the Tractor show and you are wife of Silas's only son), organize over-alls, pee "in an outhouse", defer all questions customers ask to hubs.

2) Head to

THE ANNUAL "KILLIAN FARM" ANTIQUE TRACTOR & ENGINE SHOW PRESENTED BY STUMPTOWN TRACTOR CLUB

Yes, ma'am. Because, duh, Silas is a member of the Stumptown Tractor Club (which is also the reason why he couldn't run the store today).

Prepare for photo overload. I didn't know how to stop myself.

Photobucket

The food - umm, hayullz yessss .....


like father, like son, apparently ... Davis men be lovin some ice cream. That there, in the middle, is the F.I.L. - THE Silas B. Davis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Awesome NC folk in cowboy hats n boots? Why, yes!

Photobucket

Tha Band sangin Rocky Top, and this sweet lil woman sellin her goods.

Photobucket

mmmm ... fresh cedar

Photobucket

men love some tractors, engines and mechanical gadgets, don't matter how old they are ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket

and I love
Junk! Treasures!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

totally love the people ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But my most favorite thing I've ever seen in my entire life for the day:

brace yaself ...

*

*

*

Photobucket

Dear Lord, I love her. Him?

But, all good things must come to an end. And, we had to head back to real life ... because we got up early on a Saturday and you gots to head to nearby C'lotta to get gluten free necessities.

Photobucket


We were totally pooped by the end of our Saturday extravaganza.


Hope y'all had a totally baller Saturday.

Next stop -

South Carolina State Fair

They better be comin wit their A game cause I'm used to the NC State Fair.

#brat


Peace out hustlahs,
Bee

2 comments:

Denel said...

Too bad you ain't here to go with us to the fair today, we'll miss you! I'll think about you everytime I see a ham biscuit/candy apple with nuts :) (I have to wait to get your till next week so they'll be nice and fresh for when you get home from the weddin')

Ashley said...

Two things about this post...1) Andrew still wears the red pants, & this makes me giggle! 2) Yal should come visit the Jones County Auction in January. It's all things mechanical, new & old, as well as flea market type goods & a bbq plate sale. The invitation is always open!! Miss you tons :)