19 October 2011

Where is Yo Happy?

Well friends, this year I am regretfully unable to attend the NC State fair - devastating. 



But hubs, being so wonderful and knowing how I love me a fair or any kind of fall festival type adventure, had the following suggestion: Hey, you wanna go to the SC fair?

Umm, yes.

So, Anj and I drove about an hour south to the SC State fair.



See the photo recap below:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And I did love their little theme:

Photobucket

It was a good way to spend a Sunday.

At the risk of hate comments, here are just a few bits on why I will always be NC State Fair partial:

1) NC State's Howling Cow ice cream. The lines are always hella long, but it is so worth the wait. The ice cream is made from our NC State moo-moos.



2) Bomb ham biscuits - no such luck at the SC State fair - most foods were your typical "fair foods"

3) More bang for your buck. The NC State fair is cheaper to get into, and bigger with more going on. Tons more animals, produce, exhibits, music, energy, etc. And, I totally didn't see any mini donkeys at the SC Fair, and there were no Coke products.  
#disappointment

Sorry. I'm a fair snob.

I did bring home these goodies, which put a smile on my face.

{1}
Stickers wit ma nickname on em. Yay!




and

{2}

hugs,
Bee

5 comments:

Southern Belle said...

I see you found your candy apple! I'm kinda mad though that your SC fair was way smaller but yet had wwwayyy more animals, how dumb!

jenn from midlife modern said...

Jealous!!! I'm dying to go to a state fair!!! This looks like a damn good time.

christine donee said...

I love a good state fair.

like.. LOVE.

Miss Lizzie said...

I love these fair pictures. You look fantastic <3

Katie said...

Apparently you can get howling cow on campus all the time- so exciting!

http://www.ncsu.edu/foodscience/dairy/howlingcow/givetobuild.html