Hello Sugar Lumps!
I've been barely wrapping gifts today, and felt like blogging, but not a lot. So, this is today's post. ;)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Umm, apparently, when Santa is in NC, he just leaves them under the tree, but the Ohio Santa wraps them, so, when I was 11 (?) and my NC mom married my OH stepdad, suddenly, all our shiz was wrapped.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white. Except - I do love those old vintagey huge ass lights that are all kindsa colors.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? only if Hubs Davis gets us some.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever the mood/energy strikes. This year, it was a couple weeks before Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love Sausage Balls on Christmas morning while we open presents.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I used to love going to my granddaddy's cousins ... Buster and Elnora's REALLY early on Christmas morning. They always had Oyster stew (I didn't eat it, but I loved the tradition of it), and other yummy breakfast items. Then they would play bluegrass in the living room in the back of their beautiful old farm house.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I heard the rumors and finally begged my mom to tell me the truth (at a pretty old age), and it was on Christmas Eve and I was totally devastated. :(
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of white lights, ornaments, and ribbon, and little swirly glittery sprigs comin out ... but this year, we didn't do a tree, I did this instead.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like to watch it and have it last about three days, if it means that me and the hubs are out of work, and don't get behind or have to make up anything missed when we go back. And if we have plenty of fire wood. ;)
12. Can you ice skate? Hell to the naw. But I like to decorate with them. :)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Don't have a favorite.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? As I get older, I think more about the true meaning of Christmas, and what Jesus really means. My favorite part is time off to rest and relax and snuggle with hubs.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? all the homemade chocolate treats mean Christmas to me
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I LOVE opening stockings. Hubs and I do stockings for each other and it's my most favoritest thing.
17. What tops your tree? Nothing or something different every year ... the top of the tree isn't a big thing for me.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? I like to see what Andrew picked out for me, but I like to watch other people open presents more in general.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy ... but I get sick of it by the time I get to the end.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I love watching It's a Wonderful Life with Anj every year.
21. Saddest Christmas song? ???
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? ??? I like most of them ... a good variety. Some of them drive me ape and make me want to imbibe.
Merry Christmas, Snuggle Pies!