31 December 2011

Don't Waste Them Christmas Cards, Girl!

I mean real, old school cards ... this won't work for those family photo ones. Sorry. Also, I may be a day late and a dollar short because you might've already gotten sick of lookin at em and threw them guys in the trash. 

But, if you didn't ... here's an idea (stolen from the SIL, Lois Ellen ... she doesn't have a blog, so I'm sharing for her) ...

Girl, cut them thangs up and make gorgeous gift tags!

You know you have some cards that are so pretty, but you're like, "Ugh. I don't wanna save this shiz. What can I do with it? Oh well." And into the trash they go.

Photobucket


Just find pieces that are big enough to write your "To: and From:" .... hole punch ... get some pretty ribbon ... and TA-DOW!
Photobucket

Whooo ... wheeeee !!!

Photobucket

Chop 'em up and put 'em in a baggie in your Christmas wrap stuff, shug! Who knows? You might be feelin' festive and wanna get your real gift wrap on ... as opposed to the decorative boxes, tape and stick-on gift tags I used this year.

 * For that matter, you could do this with birthday cards/tags ... whatever occasion. Just sayin'.
Bee

3 comments:

jenn from midlife modern said...

Adorable idea!! Super clever and I love any project that includes creating less waste and using something that would otherwise have gotten thrown in the trashola. I have to tell you, I LOVE your writing style Shug!! Reminds me of folks back home!

Emmett Katherine said...

This an amazing idea, a great way to recycle. I will be using this in the future :) Happy New Years!!!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Beth, I've come to visit, and I'm lovin' your blog! Thanks for coming to visit at my place, just joined you as a follower, and thanks for giving me a giggle. Your chili looks so amazing, I can almost smell it! And what a great idea for the cards, I'm going to have to try it! xo