I've posted before about the absolute insanity of this chili my husband makes. In the spirit of giving, I decided to stop bein a selfish beezy and tell y'all how to make it.
This is like, THE PERFECT thing to have on New Year's while you're waitin around on that ball ... or at a super bowl party ... or at a tailgate ... or to lay around your house in your pajamas all day long, eatin this shiz for breakfast, lunch and supper (who does that?!?)
GROCERY LIST -
3 lbs ground beef (don't judge!)
2 - 3 medium onions, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed
Canned/bottled goods -
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (16 ounce) bottle beer
1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (we used 2 quart jars of home canned tomatoes ... but I'd go for more rather than less ... the juicier and tomatoier the better!)
5 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon coffee beans, dark freshly finely ground (if you don't have any on hand, a couple pieces dark chocolate will work)
1.5 tablespoons paprika
1.5 tablespoons ground cumin
1.5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
Pretty much ...
* cook the onions, green pepper, celery in a bit of olive oil to soften them a bit
* meanwhile, brown the hamburger meat and drain
* dump everything in giant stock pot, cook on medium high for 20 minutes, gradually lowering heat to a medium simmer and drool while you wait
* grate some cheese, get out the sour cream, and make you some cornbread to go with it, for chili without sour cream, cheddar and cornbread is for sissies, my loves.
* Adjust the seasoning to taste and let it simmer at least another hour (unless you're like me and Anj, and can't wait that long)
MMM ... holy flavorific, y'all.